The Songhees Nation Strategic Plan 2017 to 2027 articulates the Nation’s priorities, goals, objectives and strategies.
The Strategic Plan forms the basis for the Nation’s Annual and Multi-Year Budget and Annual Operating Plans.
- Pursue Self-Government – Beyond the Indian Act in 10 years
- Engage & Unify Our Community Around Our Vision, Values and Objectives
- Honour Our Elders, Speak Our Language, Practice Our Traditions, Enrich Our Culture
- Teach Our Young to Be Proud Citizens with Skills to Lead Our Nation into the Future
- Generate Income, Capacity and Economic Opportunity for the Nation
- Expand, Sustainably Develop and Steward Our Land and Marine Base
- Provide Income Assistance, Housing Supports and Services for those Most in Need
- Foster Supportive Families where all Children Thrive in Loving Extended Families
- Promote and Facilitate Health, Wellness and Fitness for Our People
- Communicate and Celebrate our Successes
Songhees Nation is a responsible, accountable self-governing community with the legal authority, leadership and capacity to determine and pursue its own interest.
Language & Culture
Songhees Nation is a united community with a flourishing language and a reverence for its unique identity, heritage and traditional practices.
Land, Property & Housing
Songhees Nation has a sustainable land base meeting current and future needs for cultural, residential, recreational, commercial and community land use.
Songhees Nation is financially self-reliant and prosperous. The Nation actively participates in the regional economy.
Education, Skills & Employment
Songhees Nation has an educated population with a skilled workforce and full participation in the labour market.
Health & Social Development
The Lək̓ʷəŋən People of the Songhees Nation are mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy.